For over 20 years, Jorge Molina has been sharing South America's best dove hunting with friends and traveling sportsmen. In 2001, Jorge and his wife Karin opened up what would become Bolivia's most renowned and prestigious dove hunting lodge - Los Palomas - just 90 minutes east of Santa Cruz. The lodge, the cuisine and the service receive the highest praise from hunters and professional critics alike.
Dove hunting in Bolivia means NO-LIMIT ultra high-volume shooting. Each April, our immediate area is overcome by eared dove and picazuro pigeons numbering in the tens of millions. The birds feed on our vast expanse of sorghum, sunflower and soy fields until November. During this time, the bird hunting is absolutely electrifying...something that needs to be experienced to be believed.
In the spring of 2001, we opened our luxury Bolivian hunting lodge - Las Palomas - just 90 minutes east of Santa Cruz. The lodge, the cuisine and the service receive the highest praise from hunters and professional critics alike.
The Bolivia Hunting Experience (April 01 - October 31)
• Bolivia is considered one the world’s finest dove hunting destinations – rivaling, and often
surpassing, the shooting in Cordoba, Argentina.
• Our guests enjoy short drives to the birds. Sometimes this means hunting dove just outside
our front gate. Overall, drive times from the lodge to the birds average 20-25
minutes…maximum drive times 45-55 minutes on rare occasions.
• Guests enjoy both morning and afternoon dove hunts. At noon, hunters can either return to
the lodge for lunch and a siesta or they can stay in the field for an elaborate churrasco BBQ
featuring dove dishes and fine grilled meats. Hunters can rest in the hammocks provided
before returning to the field for the afternoon hunt.
• In the field, hunters are assigned an assistant, who provides shells and refreshments.
• After the day’s hunt, guests return to the lodge for cocktails and a gourmet dinner.
• Typical Bolivia dove hunting itineraries include an afternoon hunt on day of arrival, two to
three full days and a morning hunt on the day of departure (shooting schedules can be
• Add Bolivia’s best fishing to mix – CAST & BLAST programs available July 01 – October 31.
The Las Palomas Lodging Experience
• Luxury Bolivian-style hunting estancia
• Capacity: 25 hunters maximum
• Rooms: 12 bedrooms, each with private bathroom
• Dining room, sitting room, indoor and outdoor bars/lounges, recreation room, gun cleaning
room and facilities
• 12-person indoor Jacuzzi and sparkling outdoor swimming pool
• International telephone service, free wi-fi Internet access and satellite TV
• Gourmet regional and international cuisine, open bar, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious
• Maid and laundry service
• Masseuse service
Location / Getting There
American Airlines offers daily flights from Miami to Santa Cruz via a quick stop in La Paz. Flights depart Miami in the evening and arrive the next morning. Hunters are met at the Santa Cruz International Airport (Viru Viru International – Airport Code VVI) by our staff. Las Palomas Hunting Lodge is located just 90 minutes drive east of Santa Cruz (25 minute charter flight is also an option – price quotes on request). On the return, flights generally leave Santa Cruz in the morning and the final night in Bolivia is normally spent at a luxury hotel in the city. Visit the General Info page for more on flight itineraries and shooting schedules.